Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm so bad about blogging...and other things...

When I left my job at Stimson I had these grand plans of completely organizing my house, growing a massive garden, exercising to feel better/lose weight, open a consulting business, and figure out my life.

So, how is it going so far...I'd give myself a C-.

Nothing bad has happened, I haven't adopted the the habit of day time television and bon bons...but, my list of accomplishments is rather lackluster.


  • The house is about 40% organized, so not a total failure, but, I still have quite a bit of impact I could make.
  • I did actually plant and grow a garden, but, the crop has not been very substantial at all.  The ironic thing is that the most prolific crop was yellow squash that I didn't even plant.  I think some squash seeds were hitchhiking in the cucumber plants I planted.
  • I have been walking a lot.  I average about 25-30 miles a week, which is great...but, I have not lost a pound.  I really should lose 15-20 pounds...but, alas, it may never happen.  Good thing I have at least racked up miles since I have adopted a bad afternoon ice cream habit.
  • Probably the goal that feels the closest to an accomplishment is my consulting business.  I have opened an LLC, networked quite a bit, met with potential clients and landed one.  So, that is good.
  • As for figuring out my life...I think I have a straw man in place: do part time consulting, go back to school for a Masters and set myself up to teach in college in the future.  Not a bad plan and I do think it is one I can execute.
Okay, so now having out all of the above in writing...I think I am going to up my grade to a C+.  I have gotten a bit done and maybe with a little fine tuning...a more positive trajectory is very possible.

I am, like most people, harder on myself than I need to be.  I did not expect to be as emotionally hurt by my Stimson experience and was not prepared for the amount of time it would take me to move on.  Sometimes I take a few steps backward still...but, I can honestly say that it is now better and I am better.

Tomorrow the whole family is off to Maui for a week...it is going to be great.  Who knows how much longer the boys will vacation with us...but, as long as they want to come, I'll be happy.

Aloha for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment