Thursday, March 22, 2012

Milestone...

Yesterday I cleaned my whole house top to bottom for the first time in easily 10 years...yes, all 3500 square feet of it.  Doesn't that sound like the such a pretentious statement?  Yes, it does...I have been extremely lucky to have been successful enough to not have to clean my own house...and, technically, I could still pay for a housekeeper, but, as I transition out of a career, I am also trying to transition into a simpler way of living.  Spending less money is part of that transition.

Back to the cleaning...I started out thinking I would just clean a third of the house at a time over three days, but, I turned on the 80s music channel on Comcast cable...and the house practically cleaned itself.  I was sweeping and mopping to New Kids on the Block and cleaning toilets to A-ha!...and, dancing around the house the whole time.  I was singing, dancing, and groovy to the songs of my college days and before you know it...my house was WAY cleaner than my housekeeping crew has ever done it.

And, here is the other cool thing about it...Let me digress first: I have a new fitness tool called a FitBit (more details on that in another posting) and it tracks your steps, mileage, calories burned, and floors achieved.  It looks like a flash drive and you clip it on on your waistband.  It wirelessly syncs to your computer and uses a dashboard to track your exercise.  For the big Geek in me, it is fantastic!

Back to cleaning...I covered 11,602 steps, 5 miles, and burned 2200 calories cleaning my house to the 80s.  I sense a new fitness craze coming...maybe that will be my new business.


No comments:

Post a Comment